Thursday, June 28, 2012

Am I the only one?

Am I the only one... that gets so excited to drink water that they choke on it?

I was sitting at my new desk, surrounded by people who don't fully understand my "quirkiness" yet (and probably never will). I had just refilled my water bottle and took a big swig when all of sudden it was like my esophagus said "No... no water Stacey". And then I get that overwhelming panic of, OH MY GOD I AM GOING TO CHOKE, and I'm stuck deciding between coughing up the water on my keyboard or forcing it down. This time, because I'll admit this probably happens once a week, I was able to not ruin my work keyboard or documents but I envitably erupted into a fit of coughing, which of course gets the attention of everyone around me. I sit there trying not to cough, but that only makes it worse, and then my eyes water, uncontrolably... to the point of where mascara starts to run. My god I am awkard. Wasn't this lesson one in life? Being able to drink? Twenty-five years later... I still fail at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment