It has been brought to my attention... no, who am I kidding, I knew all along about this...
But I am extremely awkward.
Now normally this wouldn't be so much of a problem, I've come to own it. But now that I'm single this does not help in the dating department... In fact, I'm pretty sure that what ever chance I have of meeting "someone" probably won't go well. And I think that's why I'm scared shitless of actually dating again. Seriously how did I do this before? I'm going to blame college and the never ending supply of friends of a friend, because now as an "adult" I am at a lost of how to meet someone. I tried the grocery store and while I do plan on trying that again (i.e. better store, more opportune timing... like when they are preparing for a cookout, I'll be hanging out in the beer aisle, casually leaning against a 30 rack of budlight with a basket of buns and patties...) there's a strong possibility that will not work. The bar, I am told, is not the best place to meet someone either. And I'm starting to realize that sitting at home after work does not help the potential either. But nontheless, here I sit typing...
So what do I do? There's no way in hell I am signing up for match.com or some other online dating website (my grandmother suggested christian mingle....). A co-worker suggested I join a running group... um hello, I can barely play soccer... I doubt running at 5am is going to increase my chances.
And you know what the worst part is... I actually don't want to date... I would like to skip forward to the part where we are comfortable with each other and I'm swearing at them in my head because I tripped over their shoes that I already asked them twice to put away... I'm pretty sure that's what real love is....
No comments:
Post a Comment